Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day 1: Rice Cream, Anyone?

So far, so good! The scrambled eggs and organic oatmeal with strawberries, bananas, blueberries, and cinnamon on top kept me full all through church, Sunday school (& teaching those 3rd graders sure does take it out of you!), and grading some papers afterwards. My decently-sized salad with 2 boiled eggs was nothing to write home about and had to be backed up with a midafternoon banana.

For dinner I made regular spaghetti for Chris, and boiled some rice spaghetti for myself… ick. Maybe, if absolutely necessary, I could get used to the weird, soupy texture of it, but I’d be happy to get some alternative solutions.

The highlight of the food day was the Rice Dream Chocolate Caramel Chai (non-dairy ice cream). Definitely worth the $4 pint, since I don’t need much to get my chocolate fix. I think I’ll get some Silk chocolate milk tomorrow for when I finish my tiny little pint of chocolate gold.

I received some encouragement from Chris’s study partner, a collegiate trackster, who said that his coach wouldn’t let them drink dairy. Apparently I’ll run like the wind blows when I get all the cow out of my system. Makes sense, seeing as cows aren’t the fastest mammal. I went for a speed walk tonight, and whew, I was cruising! Now I’m off to some speed reading!

No comments:

"Worship is the submission of all of our nature to God. It is the quickening of the conscience by his holiness; the nourishment of mind with his truth; the purifying of imagination by his beauty; the opening of the heart to his love; the surrender of will to his purpose -- all this gathered up in adoration, the most selfless emotion of which our nature is capable." ~William Temple