Saturday, September 5, 2009

Last Day of Comfort Food…

Tomorrow I begin my quest toward health, so I ate my last bowl of cereal, my last piece of bread, my last slices of pizza, and my last bowl of ice cream for 6 weeks (or maybe more if this does the trick). And I enjoyed every bite of each.

At Sams I stocked up on salad, fruit, asparagus, chicken, and beef, and I even found some gluten-free crackers. Tried them… hmm… different? And this is gross, but they made me burp, and I hope that doesn’t happen again.

Who knew that Whole Foods was a gluten-free paradise??? I got organic oats for breakfast (apparently Quaker Oats has some wheat in it), soy milk (of course), dairy-free ice cream, organic produce, and gluten-free spaghetti and cookie mix!!! Crazy things they come up with these days! It’s like I’m not even going to miss anything! Well, I wouldn’t go that far.

Today, Chris gave me the whole “If you mess up once, don’t just throw in the towel” speech that I’m sure most dieters need. However, I think I’ll be able to manage, especially since there are so many alternatives out there.

Things I’m looking forward to:
  • Feeling better – duh
  • Better complexion – I’m pretty sure the chocolate = zits thing is an old wives’ tale, but there’s probably some truth to it.
  • The (hopefully) upped energy and improved athletic performance – since I’ve been aching to improve my 40 time.
  • Losing a few pounds – no ice cream every night should do that by itself!

No comments:

"Worship is the submission of all of our nature to God. It is the quickening of the conscience by his holiness; the nourishment of mind with his truth; the purifying of imagination by his beauty; the opening of the heart to his love; the surrender of will to his purpose -- all this gathered up in adoration, the most selfless emotion of which our nature is capable." ~William Temple