Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Memoirs part 6: Joyous Estes

I decided to upload some pics of my time in Estes apart from the hiking adventures. :) For some reason, blogspot will only allow me to upload three pictures in a post, and if anyone could help me figure out how to do more, I'll buy you ice cream!

Joy and Nate bought hammocks at a concert the night before I flew in, and here's a pic of Joy and me trying it out. We hung it up in a little park of downtown Estes and read for a bit. Well, I guess we spent most of our time taking weird (on my part) pics and laughing. So So fun!


Joy met Nate through his daily 6:30 devotion times in Kind Coffee. The first thing she told me about him was that he brings his copy of My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers and The Bible to the coffee shop every morning. Well, that sold me! I got to meet him the night before I left Estes, since he'd been working a camp for his church's youth group all week. They are Cute!





This is at some (I'm told) big burger chain restaurant in Denver. I can't remember the name, but our ketchup sure is happy!

I was so sad to leave my friend, especially since I don't know when I'll get to see her again! [Wow, I'm seriously about to cry]. BUT if she chooses to move out to Colorado for good, I guess I'll just have to come visit her every summer. Man, that'd be a chore.



***See more pics on my facebook albums: Album1 and Album2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, the picture with the feet is flipping creeping me out. That's just flippin weird

"Worship is the submission of all of our nature to God. It is the quickening of the conscience by his holiness; the nourishment of mind with his truth; the purifying of imagination by his beauty; the opening of the heart to his love; the surrender of will to his purpose -- all this gathered up in adoration, the most selfless emotion of which our nature is capable." ~William Temple